There’s a definte increase in the number of online activities being made available, reflected in this latest handful – two of these happening within this next week or so, and the last a more developed series of activities around e portfolios starting in January…
1. Quality Assurance and Enhancement – Demonstrating Programme Effectiveness
Webinar on Friday, December 10, 2010, 10.30 – 12.00
Featuring Professor Sally Brown, ‘renowned author on assessment, learning and teaching’, who will be ‘exploring how quality assurance and enhancement can improve overall programme effectiveness, enhance the student experience and increase student satisfaction.’
Also will be demonstrated ‘the Accountability Management System (AMS) by TaskStream to show how institutions are able to manage all aspects of quality assurance, learning outcomes assessment, accreditation and strategic planning.’ Please register here. It’s free.
2. Using Technology in New Builds to inform, inspire and engage
In a land, far far away… “South Devon College has recently opened a new state of the art University Centre that uses technology to inform, inspire and engage. A range of technology is featured throughout the building and in learning spaces. This presentation will use images of the building and technology to take you on a virtual tour of the facilities and will explain how the learning spaces are being used and how the use of technology has been planned.” The presentation will be given by Becky Barrington, Learning Technologies Manager.
13th December 2010, 11am – an online session (webinar) brought to you by JISC Regional Support Centre Southwest. Visit this site to book – it’s free.
3. You are warmly invited to join a newly formed e-portfolio community of practice, funded by the JISC Institutional Innovation Support, Synthesis and Benefits Realisation (SSBR) project. The community will focus on the pedagogy used to underpin the e-portfolio use growing out of work done for the ePPSME* project and a number of relevant projects within the SSBR project. [*NB This ePPSME site looks worth a visit even if you chose not to get involved in the project]
Community activities will take place in Cloudworks starting 10th January 2011. Each activity is free to join and will be centred on a theme identified by projects funded in the JISC Lifelong learning and workforce development programme.
- last for five days;
- be led by a different practitioner for each activity;
- include asynchronous discussions;
- include a list of relevant resources identified by practitioners as a valuable resource;
- examine how the community can be sustained after the funding period is over.
For more details about the forthcoming activities visit this site.